John Gowen b. abt 1725-30 – Brunswick Co, Va 1736 bound to Ralph Jackson – Berekely Co, SC 1772 adj to Ralph Jackson
Siblings: (Note: Sibling info is speculation at this time. No confirmation yet).
- James Gowen born about 1725-29
- Thomas Gowen born about 1725-30 (In 1736 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- John Gowen born about 1725-30 (In 1736 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- Elsoner Gowen born about 1725-30 (In 1740 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- Cave Gowen born about 1722-27 (In 1734 was bound to James Vaughan in Brunswick, Va).
- Drury Gowen born about 1720-33 (In 1740 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
For additional information see these pages on this site:
- Brunswick Co, Va (created in 1720 from Prince George County)
- Greensville Co, Va (created from Brunswick in 1781)
- North Carolina – Northampton County (created in 1741)
(Below are different Going, Goyen, Gowen related sources for those people were in the Virginia, North Carolina, or South Carolina areas in the early 1700’s to early 1800’s)
1734 June 6 upon the motion of James Vaughan Jr it is ordered that Cave Gowen a boy about seven years of age be bound to him by the Church Wardens. Brunswick Court Orders Bk 1, pg. 66. Brunswick Co, Va. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9PH-CKNQ?i=52&cat=274982 , https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9085/007646075_00354?pid=1234808&backurl=https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D9085%26h%3D1234808%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DTqH928%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=TqH928&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true#?imageId=007644234_00053
1739 July 5 ordered that John and Thomas Going be bound by the Church Wardens as the law directs to Ralph Jackson. Brunswick Court Orders pg 254. Brunswick County, Virginia.
1740 April 3 ordered that Eleanar Going and Drury Going sons to Mary Gowing be bound as the law directs to Ralph Jackson untill they shall arive to the age of twenty one years. according to Order Book 1, page 302. Va. Court Order – Brunswick Co.
*1772 Aug 17 – John Goan – James Atterson, Ambrose May, Moses Kirkland, Ralph Jackson
150 acres Barkley County in the fork between the Broad River and the Saludy on a small branch of the Tyger River called Comets Branch and bounded SE by land laid out for James Atterson, and part to Ambrose May, and NE by Moses Kirkland, and NW by Ralph Jackson, and part SW by vacant.
Berkely Co., SC
*1785 – John Goowin
Virginia Census – head of household with 4 members white – no blacks. Harrison Co, Va. – pg 90
Harrison Co, Va.