Cave Gowen b. 1722-27
Siblings: (Note: Sibling info is speculation at this time. No confirmation yet).
- James Gowen born about 1725-29
- Thomas Gowen born about 1725-30 (In 1736 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- John Gowen born about 1725-30 (In 1736 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- Elsoner Gowen born about 1725-30 (In 1740 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- Cave Gowen born about 1722-27 (In 1734 was bound to James Vaughan in Brunswick, Va).
- Drury Gowen born about 1720-33 (In 1740 was bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
For additional information see these pages on this site:
- Brunswick Co, Va (created in 1720 from Prince George County)
- Greensville Co, Va (created from Brunswick in 1781)
- North Carolina – Northampton County (created in 1741)
1734 June 6 upon the motion of James Vaughan Jr it is ordered that Cave Gowen a boy about seven years of age be bound to him by the Church Wardens. Brunswick Court Orders Bk 1, pg. 66. Brunswick Co, Va. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9PH-CKNQ?i=52&cat=274982 , https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9085/007646075_00354?pid=1234808&backurl=https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D9085%26h%3D1234808%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DTqH928%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=TqH928&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true#?imageId=007644234_00053
1739 July 5 ordered that John and Thomas Going be bound by the Church Wardens as the law directs to Ralph Jackson. Brunswick Court Orders pg 254. Brunswick County, Virginia.
1740 April 3 ordered that Eleanar Going and Drury Going sons to Mary Gowing be bound as the law directs to Ralph Jackson untill they shall arive to the age of twenty one years. according to Order Book 1, page 302. Va. Court Order – Brunswick Co.