Cave Gowen b. abt 1727
Parents: Unknown. Possibly Ambrose Going.
- Ambrose Going b. abt. 1703
Siblings: (Note: Sibling info is speculation at this time. No confirmation yet).
- William Gowen4 b. abt 1726 of Truro Parish, Prince William Co, Va (In 1737 bound to John Straughan in Prince William Co, Va)
- Cave Gowen4 b. abt 1727 (In 1734 bound to James Vaughan in Brunswick, Va).
- Drury Gowen4 b. abt 1729 (In 1740 bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- Elsoner Gowen4 b. abt 1730 (In 1740 bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- Thomas Gowen4 b. abt 1731 (In 1736 bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- John Gowen4 b. abt 1732 (In 1736 bound to Ralph Jackson in Brunswick, Va).
- James Gowen4 b. abt 1733 (living in Brunswick Co, Va by 1757)
For additional information see these pages on this site:
- Brunswick Co, Va (created in 1720 from Prince George County)
- Greensville Co, Va (created from Brunswick in 1781)
- North Carolina – Northampton County (created in 1741)
1734 June 6 upon the motion of James Vaughan Jr it is ordered that Cave Gowen a boy about seven years of age be bound to him by the Church Wardens. Brunswick Court Orders Bk 1, pg. 66. Brunswick Co, Va. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9PH-CKNQ?i=52&cat=274982 , https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/9085/007646075_00354?pid=1234808&backurl=https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D9085%26h%3D1234808%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DTqH928%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=TqH928&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true#?imageId=007644234_00053
1739 July 5 ordered that John and Thomas Going be bound by the Church Wardens as the law directs to Ralph Jackson. Brunswick Court Orders pg 254. Brunswick County, Virginia.
1740 April 3 ordered that Eleanar Going and Drury Going sons to Mary Gowing be bound as the law directs to Ralph Jackson untill they shall arive to the age of twenty one years. according to Order Book 1, page 302. Va. Court Order – Brunswick Co.